1. ALL RUNNERS MUST HAVE A RACE NUMBER AND IT MUST BE PINNED ON THE FRONT OF SHIRT OR SHORTS.
2. Check the information on the pull tag located under the number to ensure that the following is correct:
a. First and last name
3. The 1/2 Marathon starts at 7:00 am with the start line to the east of the main entrance to the high school parking lot on State St. The 5K starts at 7:10 am
with the start line to the west of the entrance to the high school parking lot on State St. Course closing times: 55 minutes for 5K; 3 hours and 10 minutes for 1/2 marathon.
4. Run Defensively! Not all streets are blocked off.
5. There will be a lead vehicle for each race and a sag wagon following the last participants.
6. An EMS crew will be on site, at the high school, for medical assistance on the course and at the finish line.
7. Splits will be given at each mile marker.
8. There will be water approximately every mile, five Gatorade stations and one gel station between mile 8 and 9.
9. All registered participants must go through the finish line chute and have the tag on the bottom of their race number removed to be timed and qualify for awards.
10. Porta-potties will be available near race day registration area, the start line, and at two locations along the 1/2 marathon course. There will also be bathrooms and showers available after the race.
The showers are located in the high school locker rooms. (Check with a volunteer for directions.)
11. Water, Gatorade and many different food options will be located at the post-race hospitality area FOR PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
12. Massage therapists, Athletic Trainers, and chiropractic adjustments will be available after the race.
13. Awards presentations will be held by the high school football/track concession stand approximately at 8:20 am for the 5K and 9:45 am for the ½ marathon.
14. All results will be posted near the awards area within 30 minutes after each race is complete, and on the race website http://maycrace.home.mchsi.com by Saturday evening.
15. Cash awards of $300, $150 and $75 to overall top three male & female in the 1/2 Marathon. Cash bonus awards, of $150, in the 1/2 Marathon for breaking the male and/or female
record . Awards to the overall top two male & female in the 5K. Awards to the top two male & female Masters (over 40) in each race (not eligible for age group). IHSA and NCAA restrictions
apply to high school and college athletes
16. Medals to all 1/2 Marathon finishers
17. Awards for top 3 age group finishers (male & female) in 1/2 marathon and 5K run: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & up
Directions to Mahomet-Seymour High School: (there will be signs around town to help direct you)
From I-74 west: Take exit 172 and turn right on Hwy. 47. Follow it to first light (Apollo Mart) and turn right on Franklin. Go to first stop sign and turn right and then a left at the next stop sign. You will be on State Street. Follow this through the next stop sign and parking is either on your left at the junior high or on your right at the high school.
From I-74 east: Take exit 172 and turn left on Hwy. 47. See directions after that above.
From Hwy. 150 west: Turn left on Turkey Farm Rd. and follow that up to State Street (the last major intersection on the right before you get to the overpass). Turn right on State St. and follow that to the high school.
From Hwy. 150 east: Turn right on Hwy. 47 north (the first set of lights after the Sangamon River). Go to the lights and turn left on Franklin (Apollo Mart). Go to first stop sign and turn right and then a left at the next stop sign. You will be on State Street. Follow this through the next stop sign and parking is either on your left at the junior high or on your right at the high school.